Butterfields Restaurant in Hauppauge invites you to celebrate with us, because August is National Sandwich Month! Meat and bread have been a staple of many diets for centuries, but the sandwich as we know it today was created when the Earl of Sandwich John Montague requested a food he could eat without interrupting a marathon gambling session. The chef at his London club placed sliced meats between pieces of bread and the sandwich was born.
Many folks eat sandwiches as a convenience food, but they can be quite healthy when prepared with the right ingredients. Use vegetables, tomato, spinach, cucumber, onion, avocado, and any other fresh ingredients to kick up the nutrition and the flavor of your sandwiches. Consider meat alternatives, hummus, or bean spread as additional sources of protein and fiber.
However you choose to enjoy your sandwich, come to Butterfields Restaurant and enjoy our selection of fine sandwiches including:
- Ahi tuna BLT on a toasted brioche bun with wasabi aioli
- Sirloin steak sandwich, open-faced on garlic bread with mushroom, onion, and melted mozzarella
- Short rib grilled cheese on griddled sour dough with monterey jack cheese, arugula, and pickled onions
- Meatball parm hero on toasted french bread
- Balsamic chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, roasted peppers, and melted mozzarella
- Hot pastrami on rye with melted swiss and spicy Dijon mustard
- French dip roast beef stack with melted swiss, mozzarella, and french onion au jus
- California Cajun chicken wrap with lettuce, bacon, tomato, avocado, and chipotle lime aioli
- California turkey wrap with bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and honey mustard
- Raspberry turkey wrap with bacon, melted swiss, pecans, and raspberry aioli
- Seared ahi tuna wrap with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado, and mango sesame vinaigrette
So come to Butterfields Restaurant and take advantage of our delicious menu to celebrate National Sandwich Month!